Thursday, January 27, 2011

Well that only took a year!

I just spent that past week looking at the "Create a Blog" page; where it asks you to place the name of your blog and check availability... I never realized coming up with a name that would encompass ALL that you want to communicate to Lord knows who, would be so darn hard. I have a friend at work that prides himself on knicknames, to which I have many created for myself, but when tasked to help me create a name for this "therapeutic" blog...BLANK..... nothing....

You start to think of the things that define you. For instance, you, meaning the millions of people I hope to read this... jk (well kinda) don't know me. What makes something catchy and search-able etc.. Granted I know what your thinking and "Juggling Bananas" seems a bit...well...odd or phallic I have been told (=, but I ensure you, the name is just perfect for my little family.

I, like my profile states, am a working mother of 2 wonderful boys, and a valiant husband who works hard to maintain our balance. Without him, who knows where we would be... wait...well we wouldn't be.. Anywho.. off topic! LOL

Boy 1 is the oldest. At the moment, oldest, means 4.5; not 4 1/2, he insists on 4.5. How can you not just love him already! Boy 2 is the youngest (I am a rocket scientist by day in case you were wondering, jk) and he is 2 1/2 and has no preference as to how it is said, as long as "he is getting bigger" is included. They are amazing little creatures with interesting habits at their current ages. Complete and POLAR opposites when they were babies. I am amazed at times I am still somewhat sane! (= My love for another human being knows no boundaries. I never in this world expected to feel so much love equally for tiny little people. They bring joy and laughter to my day and they always seem to do it when I am having a "moment"... They are boys... dirty, silly, crazy, dysfunctional (at times), but completely and utterly perfect in our eyes.

Recently life has been, well, interesting. It wasn't until a few weeks ago, I thought of this blog as an outlet for myself, but also as a little piece of history to have for the kids when they get older... Who knows, maybe someone would publish this as a book! Kidding! I was driving home and I had made a wrong turn for some strange reason; not like I don't go the SAME way every day... But my oldest asked me "Why are we going this way Mommy?" so I told him that I had accidentally made a wrong turn and we would be back on track soon.. The car was silent, figured that was a sufficient answer, seeing as though it was the truth... I swung the car back around and soon we were on our "route" home... Out of no where my oldest says to me, "Mommy, you have lost your mind! Do you need help finding it?" I couldn't say anything but laugh.... wouldn't you?

In all fairness, yea all our kids say the funniest things... But this struck me as funny, but also struck a deeper cord. Lately I had been feeling overwhelmed, stressed to the max, emotionally raw, and frankly tired of trying to keep up with everything all the time.. I am always forgetting something, late to something, said the wrong thing at the wrong time..etc... Maybe my 4.5 year old is saying more than just something he heard at school? Maybe not, but inside I just felt like all the other STUFF was taking me away from them. I thought to myself, its time to clean house... Time to rid myself of the things that are not helping me be a better person. I get so caught up in every day activities that I am missing the biggest picture. My family! Yes I am there to pick up and drop off, go to birthdays, or family gatherings. But I haven't stopped and just ENJOYED the moments with them. Its "OK that is done, moving on".. How is that good..

Blogging to me sounded like a good, creative, and therapeutic outlet. Something that takes a few moments out of my day to talk about something that might be bothering me, making me happy, or just silly. But for me, I love to write...something about it helps me get through things easier.. Almost as if I can get it all out of me, see it on paper, and then look at it from a new perspective. When doing this, the things that seemed so HUGE, suddenly decrease in size by at least a mile and a half! So I hope that those of you that do read or check this out from time to time, can find some fun or interest.. I have always felt "alone" in certain situations and took comfort in hearing or reading that I wasn't. If I can do that for you, then great!

Now, where was I going with all of this?? Ah! What's in a name! Juggling Banana's seemed appropriate (thank you Rachel!) because I feel like I go a mile a minute and have these monkey arms that grab, catch, and hold like no other. Juggling is an act or activity right, and being a mom is just that. You juggle between, kids, husband, family, and life. It creates an interesting story, one I hope to share and learn from. As far as the Banana's part goes... My boys are monkey's, the saying "monkey see monkey do" was written for them! I swear! Besides all monkey's, including mine, LOVE bananas. There ya have it! Juggling Bananas was created..

1 comment: